Thursday, October 3, 2013

Forever Friends

Papa has been showing me lately how many wonderful people He has brought into my life. I am surrounded by broken, loving followers of Jesus who daily lift me up and love me even in the midst of my mess. They lovingly guide me through difficult times, and rejoice with me in beautiful times. They are the ones to speak Truth into my life. They are the ones I lean on when things are going downhill.

You know those days... All hell breaks loose and you just don't know what to do. There are so many different paths you could go down, and it seems like Papa isn't speaking to you clearly. The wrong step could lead down a very nasty path, but nothing is making sense to you. What do you do? Do you lean on your own understanding, or do you turn to your "counsel"?

I am so blessed to have a counsel  of women who epitomize these scriptures:

Proverbs 27:17 " Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another."

Proverbs 27:9 "The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense."

When I need help, they are there. When my world is collapsing, they are there. When I am sick, they are there. When it seems I'm all alone on this planet, they are there. They pray for me, sit with me, grieve with me, laugh with me. They are my friends, and I cannot imagine life without them.

But you know.... There's Someone who is a better friend than all of them. When I need help, He is there. When my world is collapsing, He is there. When I am sick, He is there. When it seems I'm all alone on this planet, He is there. When I am broken, He.. Is.. There. He never leaves me, even when I am running in the opposite direction from which He is directing me. He never stops loving me. He never leaves me. He is always, always, always, always there.

You see, He loves us so much, He laid down His life for us. He died. On a cross, in a horrible, awful, unimaginable way. He did that for us, because He loves us. Read this scripture, and think about how much He loves you:

John 15:13–15 says, "There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me."

Not master and slave... friends. He wants to be our best friend, but too many times we let the world and the people of this world get in the way. We block out His whispers, and seek the counsel of the world. We hide from His plans because we are oh so certain ours are so much better. We look for satisfaction in all the wrong places....

1 Corinthians 15:33 says, "Do not be deceived: Evil company corrupts good habits."

So I ask you.... Do you live your life as a follower of the One True King? Or do you scoff at any thought of Papa loving you? Do you obey Him? Do you have a good counsel of heartfelt friends? Or are you so caught up in life, you don't have time for Him or the counsel of friends He's sent you? Look around, and then pray about what you see. Ask His forgiveness, and start building that relationship with Him. He wants us to be friends, and I think He brings us friends to show us what it should look like. Loving, uplifting, praying, broken friends who are always there, just like He is...... Forever Friends.



P.S. If you aren't blessed by a good counsel of loving Sistas, start praying for that counsel to come along side you. We can't live this life alone.. We need Him and the people He's given us! Let Him bless you with the people He has picked out for you. Let Him show you how much He loves us!

No comments:

Post a Comment