Thursday, February 6, 2014

Honesty.

I am in a writing group. I am writing more than I ever have before. I have even started writing by hand, which I will admit is very hard for me to do. This past week's assignment was honesty. I was struck by this, hard. It seems that this is the one thing He keeps reminding me of, over and over again. Be honest. Be real. Don't hide behind the walls or masks you usually turn to.

Sometimes it's hard. Sometimes it's hard to trust and follow and believe when you are surrounded by negativity. I have realized just how important it is to be surrounded by fellow followers, especially when met by the negativity from non followers.

I am a Christian.

There. I said it. I used to hate that label. There are so very many negative connotations associated with it. But to deny it is a lie. I am a Christian. I believe in the Triune God... Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I believe in Jesus and try my hardest to follow His teachings. I believe in loving my neighbors and helping those that God puts in my path.

This does not make me stupid.

Nor does it make me weak. Actually... maybe it does make me weak.....

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 says: 

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Yeah. I'll admit to weakness, but not stupidity. Just because you disagree with me doesn't make me stupid. Guess what? I believe in miracles too. I've experienced several in fact. I praise Him for them every day... and thank Him for the people He used to make that miracle happen. I know we all have different callings, and He uses different people in different ways. I believe in the promises He's given us in scriptures like: 

Romans 8:28-
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Jeremiah 29:11-
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

and Revelation12:11-
And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.

 
The thing is, He doesn't need anyone to perform a miracle. He can do whatever He wants, whenever He wants. It's an honor to us and shows us how much He loves us when He invites us in to where He is working. And just because the whole world doesn't see the miracle doesn't mean it didn't exist. I don't have to be there and see it with my own eyes. I know our Papa is bigger than anything and everything and could easily do a hundred thousand miracles at once without batting an eye!

I know I'm not perfect. I'd like to be, but let's face it, I'm a mess. I've been dealt a dirty hand time and again, but He's brought me out of the dark places each and every time. Every time I mess up, He's right there. Every time I am weak, He is right there. Every time I even think about bashing a non-believer who's bashing me, He is right there. 

Reminding me that He has forgiven me, and them too. 

Reminding me that He is teaching me, and them too.

Reminding me that He is loving me, and them too. 

Matthew 5:43-48 says:
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

So the next time someone bashes me for my beliefs, I will hold on to what He is showing me. I will remain weak and fall on His strength. I will remember that He has a plan for them too, even if they don't believe it. I will trust that He will give them the same hope and future as He is giving me, and that they will one day love not their lives, even unto death. I will understand that He can and will pull them out of the dark places and that one day, instead of bashing my beliefs, they will be celebrating their own.

He can do that, ya'll. He can turn even the most hardened heart back to Him. Isn't that awesome??? If this is a struggle you have, remember to pray for the person bashing you. Ask God to intercede and change their hearts. Ask Him to show you how to respond and not react. Ask Him to guide you in showing love and weakness. 

Ask Him in...Let Him work. Remember His promises and His goodness. 

Love, trust and obey... But be real, be honest and be weak.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment