Saturday, January 14, 2012

Strong Enough

So I was listening to the radio on the way to the grocery store this morning, and Strong Enough by Matthew West came on. I've heard it before but had not really listened to it. So I cranked it up and started singing along, and the lyrics just hit me...
Lord, I'm not strong enough for everything we're going through, and I feel like we're at rock bottom already. We've been looking up for sometime and have seen some amazing blessings come through, so we know we're following Your will. In the last year and a half... two years really when it all began to "go downhill"... we've been blessed more times than we can count. The kids have had the best Christmases they've ever had during our rock bottom.This year, we were even able to help another family who is struggling. Ben and I have grown stronger together, with You at the utmost center of our relationship. Our necessities have been covered... utilities and rent, groceries, vehicles... even through repossession, illness, car repairs and being flat broke. Just when we think, "Ok, how is this going to come together?" YOU make it happen. Not us, You. You work through Your people... people who don't even follow you yet, people who are living the life you've called them to, and people who are just getting started.
I know You have an amazing plan for us. I see it unfolding and am prepared for whatever You are asking of us. I want to do Your will. I love how You are using us to shine Your glory. My prayer is that we continue to be open to what changes may come. That even when things get harder, which I'm certain they will, that You give us the strength to go on. That we remember that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us, and that when people look at us, they don't see us, they see You. I pray that our life is a beacon to others to follow You, no matter what happens or how hard it gets and that they can do what You ask of them, joyfully. Thank You Lord Jesus, for loving us and trusting in us. Thank You for bringing us to things that are impossible for us to do on our own, and teaching us to trust in You. Thank You for allowing us to be an example, even if we think we aren't a very good one. I know that You know what is best.....

No comments:

Post a Comment