Sunday, January 29, 2012

What He Showed Me This Week

God absolutely amazes me all the time, and this week has been yet another opportunity to see His glory at work. Earlier this week, we helped a homeless man by putting the need out on Facebook and via email, and God's people responded. He has a warm place to stay, food, necessities, and we have more cash to help him even further. Most people from here know him, and know enough of his story to know it was not an easy help. He has some mental instability.... we think from being in a war. God told us to help, and so we did, and so did others... some from as far away as Texas!!! When we dropped him off at the motel, the ladies in the lobby were so struck by what we were doing, they offered up food and snacks. It's the ripple effect. When you show God's love, people respond in kind.

This week  I also got hit by satan with some of my old hurts and hang ups. Sometimes I feel like I'm still this scared, silly little kid who has rage issues and I get hung up on all the bad things I did when I was not walking with Jesus. I know it was an attack, and a pretty major one at that, but I still felt like I was hiding the "me" that I thought I had grown away from, and "me" was still here. I shed some major tears over that at CR on Friday.  Saturday was wonderful, between starting a new sermon series with Ben from Mars Hill Church and then leading kidmo's worship at our church. This morning we got up and went to an infant church, Grace Hills. This was their THIRD official service, and it was amazing. The music and sermon were filled with the Spirit. We felt called to help out.. not to leave our church, which we LOVE, but to help out. I'm not sure how that will look, but I know it's what God is asking us to do. I have a tiny bit of discernment, which means I don't always know what God is planning (and really, WHO DOES????) but I know that He is planning something. I'm curious to see how that will work out. It was funny when we came home, Ben was telling Vaughn and Shelley about checking out a new church, at the movie theater. I guess he is sarcastic too often, because they really thought we went to watch a movie, lol. Nope, we really went to church in a movie theater, and it was awesome.

Last night I talked on Facebook with one of my closest ladies in Christ, who is one of my best friends, as well as my "aunt"... She's actually my cousin if you follow the relationship lines, but she's always been my aunt to me. I just love being surrounded by women who are living life according to what Jesus is calling them to do, even when it's hard. It helps to have other ladies I can bounce my feelings, doubts, and questions off of and they get what I'm asking. He puts people in our lives to support us in our journey to seek and grow in Him. Tonight I was talking to my friend again, and we decided to fast together to seek His plan for us, and to hear Him more. She is doing the Daniel fast, and I'm fasting from facebook and pinterest. When I think about what takes the most time away from my family and my Savior... well... that would be facebook and pinterest. I love talking to my friends and family on facebook and seeing God at work in their lives, and I love pinterest for the recipes and crafts and other things I find on there. I can spend hours between the two, hours that I could be devoting to more important things... like my family, my marriage, and my Savior.

So.... my question to you is this... What do you spend too much time on? What takes you away from the important things in life? What is God calling you to do, that you aren't hearing because you are too busy? I'm busy too, but I also waste a lot of time that I shouldn't. Believe me, I understand wanting "mindless entertainment" sometimes.... but is your mindless entertainment a "sometimes" or an "all the time"? If you find you are falling into the trap of spending too much time on other things, then I ask you to pray about what God wants you to change. Turn everything off, and just go to a quiet spot and PRAY. Pray for His guidance, His understanding, His love... pray that He shows you what you need to change and how He wants you to use your gifts. This is a gift I didn't even know I had.... and yeah, I may not be very good at it, but it's coming straight from my heart, where Jesus is fully involved. Maybe your gift is serving others in the community.... maybe it's serving people in another country by way of missions.... maybe it's financial support of missions or those serving in the community... maybe it's prayer.... maybe it is serving in the children's ministries at your church... maybe ... maybe... maybe... There are so many different ways He will use you if you just let Him. He uses all parts of the body.. hands, feet, heart, head, arms.... to do His work. You won't know what He wants you to use until you ask Him....

Oh, and one more thing... I found a new scripture this week that I love:

And they have conquered him (the enemy) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. Revelation 12:11

The parentheses are my addition to it. What a powerful verse! By the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony.... What will be your testimony? Will you love your life, or NOT love it even to death? I know which I am striving for....... God Bless my friends!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment