Wednesday, February 8, 2023

A Mind At War

When my trust bumps into my trauma,

Thus begins the constant drama 

Of a mind at war 

and an enemy with a score.. 

Determined to settle it on me.

He plays to win, but I do too. 

He speaks lies, I speak of You. 

Then my brain cries, what if it's true?!

And I find me, sadly, fighting me too. 

I cry out GOD SAVE ME! 

You say, I'm here, I never left you. 

I'm always near, ready to help you. 

Just call on me, dear, and I'll remind you..

The enemy is a liar, 

Your trauma doesn't define you.

I'll always love you, and help you heal, 

Teach you my ways and also reveal: 

The enemy's lies.. he has no power. 

Minute by minute, hour by hour,

I hold you in MY right hand.

Again and again, I'll lift you up, 

Refresh your soul and fill your cup,

Until your time on Earth is through..

Then you'll join me and there you'll see 

All those times you were looking for Me, 

I was right there, always with you. 












No comments:

Post a Comment