Saturday, February 22, 2020

That Place in the Woods

In that place in the woods,
As the sun
beams upon my face,
I sit in awe at the music
You create.
While the birds in the trees
Are twittering, chittering,
Chatting about their day,
Tap-tap-tapping away..
The breeze dances through the trees,
Scattering the leaves
And whispering to me
The lovely secrets it keeps.
Laughter and love quietly shout
To remind me what it's always about.
The peaceful existence fills my soul
And prepares my heart for battles untold..
I sit back and watch,
as the birds flitter by,
Knowing that soon,
I'll have to say goodbye.
To return to a land
that's lost sight of it all,
And take up my sword
And remind them to pause...
To remember the Savior,
Who died for us all,
And the God who loves us,
Sin and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment