Monday, April 2, 2012

Romans 8:28 Day

You know those days.... the one where you find out a good friend's husband lost his job. The one where the young lady you are mentoring decides to change her situation, and not in a good way. The one where another good friend sends a text saying she lost her baby. The one where your sister in law calls to tell you your 2 1/2 year old nephew is being flown to the Children's Hospital because he's sicker than they thought and his kidneys are failing. Yeah.... those days.

Those days that are so hard, you ask the Why? question. You know, the one you aren't supposed to ask but can't seem to help yourself? We all know we are supposed to ask What? instead, but some days it's hard to remember that. Sometimes things happen that hurt so much, we can't do anything other than cry. I call those Romans 8:28 days.

Romans 8:28 says "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." (ESV)

This is a scripture that just speaks to me. He can work ALL things together for good for His people. When I'm having one of those days where I just want to cry for the hurt and pain and suffering going on around me, and even in me, I lean heavily on this scripture. He's in control... all we have to do is lean on Him, and He will take care of everything.

Most times, we don't know how He's going to work it together for good. Some things are so awful, it just doesn't seem possible that something good can come out of the situation. But He can and He will.

That friend who lost her baby? She's pregnant again and expecting a sweet baby girl the first of next month. My nephew? He's still in the hospital, and I've cried every day since I talked to his mom. However, we're already seeing the good. There are people all over the WORLD praying for that sweet baby, and there have been answered prayers already. I know God is in control of his situation, and when it's all said and done, his story is going to be amazing. The other two situations I cited? Well, they haven't been resolved for good yet, but I trust with all my heart that He will and already is at work on them.

So if you find yourself having one of those days.... pray. Even if you don't have the words, pray. Ask your friends and family for prayer. If they are anything like the people I have in my life, they will be glad to. Maybe even honored that you love and trust them enough to ask them. Then get ready. He's going to do something awesome. You may not know what it is until you look back on to the situation, but you will see it. And you will be AMAZED!


***
Speaking of prayer, please keep the people I spoke of in yours. All the situations are different, but they all need the same thing. Prayer.

1 comment:

  1. "Maybe even honored that you love and trust them enough to ask them."

    This is exactly how I feel when someone really asks me to pray for them. Not that facebook post Please pray for me. But when a person actually seeks me out to pray for them or their situation I think "this person really trusts me" I would not ask someone to pray for me that I don't trust.

    ReplyDelete